Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Recap

I talked about the first week in May on my previous post. So here's the rest of May:

May 8      Marvin's computer had a meltdown. Some online  hackers pretending to be Windows people screwed up the system. Had to call a technician to come and fix it.

May 11-12    In advance to Mother's Day, I got a yummy box of chocolate covered strawberries from Sandy, and a lovely flower basket and chocolates from Lizzie. Love my girls!

May 13     Coming home from dialysis, Marv  used his right foot to push the door open a little in the truck. In the evening he said he felt some pain.

May 14     Marvin was feeling pain most of the day, We said if he didn't feel better we'd go to the ER in the morning.

May 15     Still in pain, we decided to go to ER. Trying to get in the truck was awkward and painful to the point that I called 911. The firetruck, and ambulance came to the house. I said I needed help getting him in the truck. They tried but it was too painful, so it was decided they would take him to the ER and I would follow them. Luckily they agreed to take him to Kaiser Downey.  He was in a lot of pain, 8-9 out of 10. Was given morphine and in Xray they found his hip was broken. Was admitted to the hospital.

May 16    He had dialysis in the hospital in the morning, and surgery to repair the hip right afterward.
A very very long day.

May 17     After spending so many hours in the hospital, and feeling very stressed out. I kept my hair appointment. Frank was super nice and I had 3 glasses of wine, had my hair colored, cut and styled. It was nice to feel pampered. I think it was one of my best haircuts :)

May 18     I was surprised and frustrated that after dialysis at the hospital, he was discharged to a rehab place!

May 19     Rehab at Southland Home in Norwalk.   After  spending some time there on my way home I stopped by the school next door. One of my Jersey friends is the Principal there and she was so happy to see me, it made me feel good :)

May 20-26   In rehab.    Had dinner with Jennifer  5/23. It was very nice.

May 28-29   Lizzie came to visit. Told us all about the vacation she and Sandy had in Savannah, Georgia.  Showed me lots of pictures. It seems like they had a great time! :)

May 29        The Physical Therapist came to the house to do some exercises with Marv. They'll come  3 days a week.

May 31      Back to Kaiser for a post op visit with the Orthopedic doctor.  Marv is doing better but still has pain and needs to use the walker. He's learning to get dressed etc. by himself  :)

Tomorrow I will post the books I read and movies I watched in May.




No comments: