Friday, December 4, 2015

Of guns and laws

I was not going to write about the past terrible events, but since the girls had an opinion, I will give mine too. By the way, it's great you two keep on blogging even when is not OBLOPOMO or however you spell it :)

I don't like guns, I have never owned one or even held one (I do have an old old rusty BB gun Dewey gave me because is the same type the kid wanted so bad in the movie A Christmas Story). We've never had a gun in the house, although I seem to remember at one point Marvin had one but not for long. My friend Norbert has a few guns he bought in Vegas, he keeps one in his ttruck when he goes camping and traveling with his sister. I remember when Kevin lived in UT for a while with Sandy and family, he was in the reserves and he had guns, I was always asking Sandy  that I hoped they put them away someplace where T when he was a little boy, couldn't get to it.

But the Second Amendment of the Constitution says you have the right to keep and bear arms.

I think that more laws are not going to help. California is the State in the US with the strictest gun laws , Illinois also has strict laws . The most lenient States are Utah and also Vermont.

If they ban guns altogether, we'll have even more crime -look what happened during Prohibition and what's happening now with the drug cartels-  And the worst thing is, criminals will always find a way to get guns.

When shootings happen the President always talks about more gun control, but in the San Bernardino massacre, which is an act of terrorism, he has remained quiet. I wish he would speak and say  the American government is on top of it and try to calm the fears of the people. But that's another story.

Be kind to one another.





















1 comment:

Lizzie said...

President Obama is going to speak about the situation tomorrow now that it's being investigated as terrorism.