Thursday, December 17, 2015

My Birthday

Today is my birthday, Nothing special happened. Drove M to dialysis, went to the Library, went to the ophtalmologist. Stopped for a green chile burrito for lunch, checked Facebook and read the Happy Birthday greetings :)  Watched the final of Top Chef Spain, went to pick up M. washed dishes, fixed dinner (steak with green beans and mashed potatoes for M and sausage with peppers and onions over pasta for me). The girls and Tristan texted me Happy Birthday and Lizzie & Sandy called. Now I am  writing this.

BUT, the celebration for my birthday was 6 days ago!
My daughters and Tristan  came home to stay for a few days :)  It was really nice and we had fun. Lizzie brought me my favorite chocolate cake from San Diego, and I made pork escalopas for dinner ..
Saturday the girls took M to dialysis, and then we went to El Cholo and they treated me to lunch (and Margarita). T decided to stay home. After they went to get M, the 3 of us went to Huntington Beach to watch the sunset as per my request. It was lovely and we enjoyed it very much. I also bought myself a sunflower lawn ornament .




The next day Sunday, was also a beautiful Southern California  day. Lizzie had suggested we go on a little side trip and checked several places, it was decided we'd go to The Wayfarer's Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes. It was a great choice and I was excited because we had never been there.
It's a magical place in a really gorgeous setting. We loved everything about it.



                                                      Catalina Island in the background


Afterwards we went to Black Angus for lunch. M and T had gone to Panda Express earlier for lunch. Then we came home and watched sports and Christmas movies. I made canalones for dinner :)

We were sad to see them leave on Monday, the house was quiet, even Lulu was sad, but we had  had some fun filled days while they were here. :)

No comments: