Thursday, February 26, 2015

Update

I haven't been writing too much lately, so I thought I would let you know about our 50th Anniversary.

On Thursday,  Sandy flew down from Utah and Lizzie drove up from San Diego. It was really nice to be the four of us together :)

Marvin went to dialysis and I went to pick Sandy at the airport, we went out to lunch to Los Compadres, it was OK but very noisy. Then we went to pick up Marvin.
That night Lizzie came and she brought us my absolutely favorite cake,TRUFFE FRAMBOISE with ripe, juicy raspberries and raspberry tea infused bittersweet Valrhona chocolate mousse layered in between chocolate ganache and Kirsch moistened chocolate cakes. It was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers too! I could eat all of it, and basically that's what I did!

On Friday, Sandy treated us to a very nice lunch at the Black Angus Restaurant. It was delicious! we all love the cheese bread, and they also brought a freshly baked big cookie with ice cream, to help us celebrate. The rest of the day we just talked and watched TV, for dinner we were still full from the late lunch so we only had we had ham and cheese sandwiches.

Saturday it was dialysis day, so the girls took him and I stayed home and slept till the girls got back. Then we did our traditional lunch the by going to El Cholo

Again we were pretty full so we only had empanadas for dinner, which were enjoyed by all.

On Sunday we enjoyed grilled steaks with all i oli, potatoes and green beans with slivered almonds. Lizzie left to go meet Jeff and friends to watch the Oscars. Sandy, Marvin and I watched the Oscars at home, it was very enjoyable. I polished a bottle of Freixenet while watching it. I don't think it was the best Oscar show I've seen, I didn't care too much for the nominated movies, I had only seen two of the, Boyhood and The Best Budapest Hotel, I enjoyed them both but they didn't win. It started raining and it rained a lot all night.

Monday morning we drove Sandy to the airport. Marvin gave me a beautiful gold heart and chain, the heart had I love you engraved on it. Our daughters gave us the gift of family portraits. We had them taken the day after Christmas when everybody was there.


We sure had a really nice 50th anniversary, we enjoyed every minute of it.

1 comment:

emtes said...

It seems you had a really nice time celebrating your 50th birthday.
I love the gift Marvin gave you. So nice after 50 year. The golden heart with the inscription is gorgeous.
And I love the family photo. It's a really nice and good family and you all look great.
Besos from your sister
Mia :-)