Saturday, May 3, 2014

This and that

Yesterday our finance man came to talk to us about retirement, investments, IRA's and all that fun tuff. He also looked at our Trust and advised us on making some changes/additions. I was glad to talk to him, he seems very nice and it helped us understand a few things I wasn't too clear on :)

Today  has been a very hot day, I had to refill my fountain a couple of times. I watered the plants that were looking quite dry. Lulu is being a good girl and hasn't had any more relapses, doing her business outside like a good doggie.
I also saw for the first time a California mountain blue bird in the garden. It was beautiful, and I hope he comes back.  BTW the baby hummers have flown the nest. I hope they come to visit and drink from the container outside.

In other news, Norbert is going to Manila on the 26th, and coming back June 10th, maybe with a Filipino bride! He's been wanting to do it for the last 4 years. A contractor friend of his that has been working on his rentals has a niece that is dying to come to the US, I think she's in her early 30's by now and studying to be -what else- a nurse. Norbert  is so undecided about everything that was driving me nuts with....why should I get married when I am happy this way, to....why shouldn't I get married and have a baby or two? and so on and so on forth. He's easily swayed and his sister Eva almost had a heart attack when he  was telling her (4 years ago) that he wanted to fly to Manila blah blah. Well this time I told him if that's what he wants to do, he should do it, or stop talking about it because it was tiresome. Also if it works fine, and if it doesn't then he hasn't lost anything. So  he went and bought a round trip ticket so he wouldn't change his mind again. His contractor friend will be there too to make the introductions. I wish him luck and will keep you posted  :)
BTW he hasn't told his sister yet!

You all take care and have a nice Sunday.

2 comments:

emtes said...

Very exciting news. I hope you keep me posted about that :-) Very interesting and if it's what he wants I hope it will work out.

I saw the photo of the bird you talked about and it was beautiful. I hope it comes back so you can take a photo of it in your garden.

Good girl Lulu!! Treat from Mia :-)

Have a good Sunday and as always a big hug for you and Marvin.

Love you
Mia

PS Any news about Lizzie? DS

RedRed said...

Good for Norbert! I hope he gets what he wants, whether it's a bride or just a vacation :) He's a chicken to not tell his sister, though!