Sunday, November 18, 2007

Three 1 night stands

No no, is not what you think!!!!

This is just about 3 paying jobs that literally only lasted one night each. They were fun and different and a little wild.

#1 - My best friend in high school had a brother, a boyfriend, and a next door neighbor that started a "rock" band. We all got together on Sundays to party, and one thing led to another and for good or bad, I started singing with them, my repertory was rather limited: 2 songs, 15 aƱos and Tutti Frutti. We sang at friend's parties mostly, and even recorded one of the songs. One day, Enrique told me we had been hired in a club downtown to perform. . My curfew was 10PM. So I had to sneak our of my house and meet the boys by the subway. We performed for just an hour and when I got home, my father was waiting up and I got big time punishment. Plus it also marked the end of my budding singing career.

#2 My art teacher in high school, recommend me for a job with an artist friend of his. I was to pose for a portrait. I had to pose looking out of a window, without moving, for about 4 hours, with very little breaks, it was agonizing for me as it's hard for me to be still for that long. Plus the artist was grouchy and grumpy. The portrait was part of an art exhibition, and it was pictured in the newspaper "La Vanguardia". Again I wish I had kept a copy of it.

#3 A pretty neighbor friend of mine once in a while worked as an extra movies, she was also a model. One day she asked me if I wanted to be an extra in a movie that was being filmed in Montjuich, it was the story of a famous Spanish folk singer of the 18th century. I was in a ballroom scene. I wore a long dress and had long gloves and a fan. I never saw the movie, but my friend said she couldn't see me anyway lol.

No comments: