Sunday, November 18, 2007

More jobs


The best thing about this job was the location, just a few blocks from my school and right across from one of the most iconic buildings in Barcelona, my office, yes I had one, in the 3rd floor had a window overlooking "La Pedrera" .

My job was translating titles of American and English songs, into Spanish. And sometimes, to write a little blurb in the back cover of the record (45's) telling about the song, or writing the lyrics in Spanish. It was fun, unfortunately my English was not as good as I said it was, so I had to rely a lot on a dictionary. Fortunately for me, nobody in that record company knew any English!

It was an easy job, a little boring because there was not so much to do, but I got a lot of free 45's and had some "status" among my friends for having the latest music.

I can't remember exactly why or when I quit that job...maybe when somebody in the office finally learned English ;)

No comments: