Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thinking back....Jobs I had :)


Reading about Red and Grey ‘s thoughts about what would they like to be when they grew up, what their dreams were and are…I felt compelled to dig into my memory box and reminisce about the jobs I’ve had thru my life, so far. I think I enjoyed most of them, they were eclectic, but they were fun. I will start from the beginning.
First time I got paid for something I did, was not a job per se, but a way to help the household to make some extra money, all the family was involved, mama, yaya, sister, and at odd times, papa. We painted little lead (yes lead)! soldiers. Hundreds and hundreds of them, we painted faces, hair, army outfit, boots, they were little toy soldiers, it was boring but relaxing. The worst part was taking them to the factory that hired us. We had to haul the heavy boxes, walk 5 blocks to the streetcar, and take them to the factory where we got paid a ridiculous little amount of money, and took new boxes back to paint at home. One day we got a box of little brushes and combs sets for dolls, I think that’s what made my sister first think about becoming a hair stylist. We painted dainty little flowers and leaves, it was so much nicer than the little toy soldiers. This adventure didn’t last too long, probably a couple of months. It was not worth our time or effort. But it made for some togetherness, and I felt like I was helping.

2 comments:

RedRed said...

I didn't know that!

lizzie said...

I didn't know that either, what a trip!