Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thinking Back..Job #2


Job #2
I was 15-16 years old, I found thru an ad in the newspaper a job I could do part time, while going to school. It was close to my home, a fairly long walk, but in a very nice area. A brand new publicity agency called BRINDIS, they needed a gofer: part receptionist, part secretary, part model stand in. It was a lot of fun, especially the part where they had me go buy props to use in magazine or newspaper ads. I didn’t care much for the secretary part. The best was when they asked me to stand in for the models, I would pose as they told me and would hold something to test for color and shadows, and then the “real” model would take over.
One time, they were advertising oranges from Spain. I was holding the orange, and they deemed my hand holding it good enough for the final shot. I didn’t get paid extra, but I bought several magazines where the ad (and my hand) appeared. Wish I had kept some…
When they wanted me to work for them full time, I had to regretfully quit. My school came first.

2 comments:

emtes said...

Really nice to read and get to know you even more since there are so many years missing. Maybe I should start a blog too? Have to think about that one ;-)
Hugs Mia

RedRed said...

You should, Mia!