Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Something funny

Last Friday Lizzie came over to spend Father's Day with us. After talking and getting something to eat, it was bed time. Marv went to sleep and so did Lizzie. I stayed up and played in my computer.

That night, there was some music and noise next door but I didn't think much about it. Around 1AM I started hearing lots of talking, music, noise etc. I looked out my bedroom window and my neighbor's son was having a party. His parents were gone for the weekend (I guess) and the 21 year old son decided to invite some of his friends over. Up to now they had been inside and came out once in a while in the front yard, but after 1, they were outside all the time, singing, drinking etc.

Around 2AM it got very noisy and they  went out to the street and get to their cars some of them, but mainly just being really loud and silly, there were about 25-30 college age guys and a few girls. They were noisy, and the lights came out in the houses around the street. Then a lot of honking, cars, semi racing, there were about 8 guys in my driveway jumping around. I turned on my porch light and looked out and it was semi entertaining. By 3AM they all had left and I went back to bed and tried to  fall sleep.

About 3:30AM I heard a loud knock on my door,  a bright white light shone on my house, my room and living room were all lit up. I was wearing my nightie and I put a robe on and tried to decide  whether to open the door. I looked out and there were 2-3 police cars and a car parked right in front of my house shining the bright light on me as I opened the door. 2 policemen were at the door a male and a female. I asked them what was going on and they in turn asked me how many people were in my house, I said my husband and daughter and a dog . They asked me how many other people were inside hiding, I said none that I knew of! They told me somebody in the neighborhood called them saying there were lots of people around my house in my driveway and yard and said I was having a party.  I sort of laughed a little , I said there had been a party next door but it sure wasn't me having the party. They wanted to know if I was OK, and if the people inside were OK, I said yes. Then they left. And I went to bed.

The funny part of the story is, Lulu was sleep in her pillow and didn't wake up. Lizzie didn't see or hear anything. I went to Marvin's room when they knocked at the door and asked him if I should open the door, but he was also fast sleep and didn't answer and never heard  anything.

It was something different :)