Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sunset and Full Moon

 Ever since the pandemic started to be noticed by me, in March 2020, I have hardly gone anywhere. Just to the grocery store (Trader Joe's mainly) and to some other stores. And to get some take out food, many times. I have also drive around town and walked the dog daily. But that's about it.

I have missed going to the beach. So today I told Lizzie that I wanted to go watch the sunset before the end of the year. Sunset now is at 4:50PM, so we left at 4:09 because I had to get a few last minute things, and drove all the way down Valley View. There was a delay in the traffic and we got down to Sunset Beach just at the nick of time to see the sunset. It was gorgeous,you could see Catalina Island very clearly, blue skies, and bright orange as the sun disappeared in the horizon. I was happy.


When we were driving back home, we saw a very bright full moon above us. It was magical. I took a picture of the full moon as seen thru our backyard pergola, which was decorated with Christmas lights.
 


SERENDIPITY


2 comments:

RedRed said...

What a nice contrast between the pretty sunset and the full moon. Great photos!

Lizzie said...

glad we did that