Monday, September 7, 2020

Something different

I was hoping for something a little different for September, but the first couple of days were the same as August, hot weather, staying at home, going to TJ's etc.

One day in August Lizzie and I talked about having a "drinking day" at home. On Friday she got tacos from Reventaco for lunch. I had 2  crispy fish tacos with no cabbage and extra crema. It was delicious, we usually have Reventaco once a week. I had a Coronita with it. I was going to take a picture of the lunch but by the time I though about it, I had already finished it. But I took one anyway.
After lunch, we decided to have a Margarita, it comes in an 8oz can and it has the tequila in it, it's pretty good. We went outside and drank the Margarita, and then we had another, and another. We sat in the "galin galan" and talked and shared stories and had fun looking at Lulu running around the garden. 
We decided to have some more Margaritas, this time they were smaller cans and they were fizzy, we had 2 or 3 I guess. Then we went back inside and had some Mai Tais from the same San Diego Company  that made the 8oz Margaritas.

We kept on talking and about this time I decided I was getting tipsy.

I called Sandy, I called Norbert and I told him I was drunkish, I texted Sandy some very nonsensical words: "I'm like may e drinkish:$ Yassss!"

After that I sort of blacked out. Lizzie decided that I needed some fresh air and we went to take a walk with Lulu. It seems that I was saying hi to any neighbor that was outside on my street. 

When we got inside I was ready to go to sleep. I'm afraid  I puked a couple of times and then I lay down in my room, on the floor between my bed and the chest of drawers. L wanted me to get into my bed but I said I was comfortable on the floor but I wanted a pillow.
After a while I woke up and the world was turning so to speak, plus I was all yucky. I got into bed and the next day I asked L if she helped me put my nightgown on but she said I did it myself (I have no recollection of it).

At 4AM I woke up and went to take a shower and washed my hair, then I felt a little better. I also took an Alka Seltzer and went back to sleep.
Next day I of course had a hangover and a headache.

And that, dear readers, is what made my day something different. 

1 comment:

swedish-spanish rockmom said...

That was so fun to read but I suppose not so fun feeling hang-over. I haven't had such a night since the Mayor of Götzens in Austria invited us to dinner which turned out to be a "wet" dinner. No food but a LOT to drink. From homebrewed Obstler (very strong) to wine. That evening I also had the carousel feeling. I had said to Hasse: Stop the carousel I want off :-) But that was like 35 years ago.
Anyway it seems like you had a great day together despite the ending.
Love you <3