Thursday, January 17, 2019

My Birthday in Savannah, evening time

After spending a lovely  time in Tybee Island, we drove back to our  home  (Wakefield House) to rest a little and change to nice clothes, and get ready for my birthday dinner.

The girls made a reservation for 7:30PM to The Olde Pink House (formerly known as the James Habersham House) a Georgian mansion built in 1771. It is one of the best Restaurants in Savannah.
 Some trivia.....Patrons of this restaurant and tavern claim to have found themselves in conversation with James Habersham Jr., who supposedly hanged himself in the basement in 1799. It is said that his restless spirit frequently wanders around his old home on quiet nights.

We walked the short way from the house to the Restaurant, It is located right by Reynolds Square. The fanlight by the front door is one of the oldest in Georgia.



We were shown to a very elegant dining room in the second floor. It's called the purple room. 
We ordered appetizers of crispy fried calamari and cocktails, Cava for me, and looked over the menu. Our waiter was a very nice young man called Ben I think, 


My 75th birthday!


I ordered grilled pork tenderloin  with bourbon molasses, sweet potato with pecan vanilla butter, and collars. It was delicious! Of course I had more Cava too.
Sandy had Filet Mignon with green peppercon demi glace, twice baked potato and asparagus.  Lizzie had pan seared Salmon with horseradish whipped potatoes and asparagus too I think. They loved it.

For dessert we all had  chocolate pecan pie with cinnamon pecan crust with warm vanilla bean ice cream,  berries and whipped cream. My plate had Happy Birthday written in chocolate. I loved it but the girls thought it had too much chocolate.

The waiter took our picture. A night to remember.

Thanks to my daughters 
for my unforgettable birthday in Savannah
Love you both so much!


3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Love you, Mama!

RedRed said...

Such a great day!!

emtes said...

Wow! Looks totally wonderful, stunning and what wonderfully loving girls you have.
Love to read about your adventures.
Take care, love you