Saturday, January 12, 2019

My 75th Birthday in Savannah -The morning-

My daughters asked me if I would like to go to Savannah for my birthday. YES!  they went there a couple of years ago and I wanted so much to go then but it was noit possible. Savannah  was always a place I wanted to see.  I was not disappointed.

We were there for 4 days, but  today I'll only write about my birthday.

We decided the day before that we would like to go visit Tybee Island. We drove around and went to the beach because I wanted to get my feet wet in the Atlantic Ocean.
 
The beach was quite different from the Southern California beaches. I liked it a lot:

                                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tybee_Island,_Georgia

After the beach we went to have a light lunch at the Sundae Cafe. Then we drove around and it was decided we would go to the lighthouse. That was a good idea because it was  a lot of fun. Sandy and Lizzie wanted to go all the way up, I  just went up to the 4th floor. So many steps! the view from the top was great!
     



This is the house of the lighthouse caretakers

After looking around and visiting the Museum, we walked to the North Beach. I loved that they had swings on the beach!


It was a great day trip to Tybee Island on my birthday!


Next Post: A great birthday dinner!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

that was a great day, I think my favorite of our trip!

RedRed said...

Super fun day! Sometimes the unplanned adventures are the best.