Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Shopping

Today I was planning on going to HB and take a walk along the beach. It was a nice day but cloudy, so I decided to wait until tomorrow.

By the way, I don't like this change of time, it gets dark too early. And these days is warm in the daytime like today it was 84, but after the sun sets it gets quite chilly, right now is 52 brrrrrrr.

Anyway, I went to the library, then to the Banc of California , and because Ross is in the same shopping center I decided maybe I'd go in and see what they had. Today Tuesday there's a 15% discount for seniors, bonus!.
They had all winter clothes out, I gathered a few long sleeves tops, some cardigans, even a coat and went to try them.  (Lizzie they had a couple of nice women coats, surprise) I tried one but I was suffocating, I guess I'll take advantage of Sandy's offer and borrow one of hers.

First one I tried, I started to get hot, I don't like winter clothes, they make my neck itch and  the long sleeves bother me. That along with my natural dislike of shopping was making my shopping expedition a total failure from the beginning.

Then I looked at purses, I even tried one that was like a backpack but kind of cute, so I put it on but couldn't get out of it, yes I am a klutz, it took a while and the help of a nice security man that probably will laugh his ass off when he tells about it to his security friends. Oh well.

Next I checked some knit caps, they had a pom pom on top, needles to say I didn't even try it.
I kept on looking around and decided it was not a good day for shopping, I ended up with a  "festive" top with sparkles black with red flowers, but is not as bad as it sounds. I called it a day
.
When I got home, I decided to clean my closet and put some of the most obvious summer clothes away and check what I had in the way of winter clothes, just to see if there were some salvageable ones.
SCORE! I tried a few tops that actually look pretty good and some of them still had the tags on. A couple I didn't even remember buying, but it's all good. I also  found about 4 sweatshirts, and I have plenty of pants, some never worn. I tend to buy things then put  them away and forget about them and keep on wearing what I'm comfortable with.

That's the end of my story.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I can imagine the backpack/purse scene. Haha
I'm glad you were successful shopping in your own closet :)