Thursday, November 15, 2018

An almost perfect day

November did not begin well.  I felt sad about the horrible shootings and the terrible fires and the usual b.s of politics , so I decided to go down to the beach on yesterday, it always makes me feel happy and calm seeing the ocean.

I drove down and went to get the beach pass from Norbert. He has been acting up a little lately and I wanted calm,, I just wanted to walk on the beach, he said he would come too, OK. After he got ready he asked me where I wanted to go, I said what I really wanted was to go to Corona del Mar, it is one of my favorite beaches, and he agreed right away :)



It was a gorgeous Summer in November day. Not a cloud in the sky, a slight breeze and 81 degrees. Corona del Mar is a pretty town with multimillion dollars homes and beautiful sights. We walked down to the beach, is a fairly long walk, but they had paved it since the last time I was there and it was nice.


The beach was perfect. Hardly any people, just a few girls sunbathing and a couple of guys scuba diving. I climbed on the rocks with N's help and walked around  and got to wade in the water (good thing I was wearing my skort!) the waves were a little rough and I got wet but it was fun. The day was so clear we could see Catalina Island very clearly. N loved taking pictures with my phone and I took some myself. We sat down for a while and it was just lovely.

Nice reflection of the sun

I had sand on my feet and legs so N very nicely cleaned them so I could put my shoes one and walk up. He was super nice and friendly and very good company.  We also went to the Goldenrod Foot Bridge and looked around the pretty views.


It was time for a late lunch, he wanted to go to a Chinese buffet in Santa Ana, I didn't really want to go because I don't like buffets of any kind, but he had been so nice so I said OK. By then the roads from Newport Beach were  bumper to bumper, so he asked me how about going to Slapfish in HB. I said YES!  We drove there and had clam chowder and fish and chips, loved it!

We were going back to his house when I checked the time for sunset, it was 4:30 and the sunset was at 4:49, so I said I wanted to go see it, so we drove to "his" beach and walked to the shore and
                                         we were lucky to see an  amazing sunset.


It was almost a perfect day :)



3 comments:

RedRed said...

That all worked out very well! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

Lizzie said...

That sounds wonderful all around!

emtes said...

Wow what as wonderful day and wonderful sunset. And is it Catalin island I see there behind? I have never ever seen the island when we have been down to the beach. It has always been this haze when we've been there.
Hope you have a great Monday. Love you <3