Friday, November 9, 2018

Happenings

I have been a little melancholic this month. Maybe because it started with All Saint's Day  and I thought about Marvin, and my my mom and dad and missing them all.

Then politics. So sick of both the right and the left, is not Democrats and Republicans anymore. Both sides are acting like bullies. Sick of it!

I looked in the mirror and I saw I had to get my hair done, especially the color.  I thought about turning 75 next month and I said to myself damn, I am getting old! But I didn't feel like going to my hair salon so I did it myself. It came out a bit darker than I liked but when I went to HB my friend said I looked so much better with darker hair (Marv liked it darker too) so that cheered me up a little.

I had a really nice time walking along the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve there were lots of birds, egrets, herons etc. It was peaceful.


That peaceful feeling was destroyed by another senseless shooting, this time closer to home in Thousand Oaks. It really shook me to think of all the young people being in a bar having fun and dancing and then being shot at and killed by one disgruntled sick sad young man. 

The next day, the Santa Ana was blowing and fires got started in many parts of California. A big one started around Thousand Oaks, I read some people that had lost or had injured family members also lost their houses to the fire. The fire has spread quickly, it has been non stop on TV and the news for the last 2 days. I just heard the whole of Malibu has been evacuated. Many multimillion dollar homes have burned to the ground, and many more towns have been evacuated. It's devastating.

Now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, to being in San Diego with Lizzie and Lulu., to have a face time with Sandy and family and to be thankful for all I have :)

I will finish this post with something that made me laugh. I was looking in my go to movie website and saw this movie titled...Bitelchus   :D 




1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I agree with so much of what you've said in this post.
I know we will have a great time during Thanksgiving!

I love you!