Friday, November 2, 2018

October Recap

October was an OK month, but there were a couple of incidents that upset me a little.

It didn't start  very well because I sort of hit a parked car when I was trying to park. It didn't leave a mark in my car of the other person's, but I left a note with my name and #phone  just in case. I never heard for them so I guess they didn't notice any scratch like I didn't.

The other incident concerned my neighbor across the street. He has a motorcycle business going on in his backyard, he also has 2 pit bulls (one of them gave me a scare when he got loose and jumped in my yard and scared me and Lulu). And he has multiple vehicles, one of them a big tall van. He parked it for 4 days in a row in front of my house. I'm trying to fix my front yard and I couldn't get to it from the street. I planted some gazanias and watered them and some dirt got in the side of his van. He made a big fuss about it. I got pretty pissed myself, but the good thing is he hasn't parked the damn van  in front of my house anymore, so far.

In the plus side of October, I very much enjoyed going to Disneyland with Lizzie, I wrote about it a couple of days ago. My friend N came and helped fertilize and seed my lawn both front and back. I went to an Olive Fest in my town, but it wasn't what I expected  but Lulu and I got to walk around and see the sights. I talked to the girls  several times, and that's always fun, and I talked to my brother in law once a week and also talked to my niece and her ongoing drama with her mom, my sister.  I went to Huntington Beach a couple of times, we tried a new Turkish Restaurant and I liked it a lot, the next time we went to Ruby's, it was a windy day and there was a Jr surfing championship going on and huge waves, it was fun.

On Monday my financial adviser came by to tell me about the state of my finances. It's all good.  For Halloween I went trick or treating with Lulu and my neighbor Amy and her kids, :)

Today is November 1st, All Souls Day, that's the day we go visit the cemetery in Spain and put flowers on the graves of our loved ones. I got some nice flowers from my garden and put a little bouquet next to the ashes of my husband. It was a nice moment. I'm glad he's at home.



BOOKS I'VE READ IN OCTOBER



MOVIES I'VE WATCHED IN OCTOBER







1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I'm glad he's home, too.

You hadn't told me about the van incident with the guy across the street. Not cool of him to park there!