Friday, July 20, 2018

Not a good day!

Things didn't go very well for me today:

-I had a doctor's appointment and 8:30AM. I got up at 6:30, had a shower and a bit of breakfast, got dressed and was walking to the door when the phone rang. Too early for telemarketers I thought, so I answered it. It was a message from my doctor, he wouldn't be in today, so  we had to cancel my appointment and make another one for Thursday.

+In the plus side, Sandy texted me and Lizzie good morning and sent an emoji, Lizzie did the same, and so did I. Then Lizzie made her emoji come to life, so did Sandy and so did I.
It was fun and cute :)

-A couple of weeks ago I got some cash at the Bank, and a few days after I went to the beach but didn't want to take that much cash, so I took it out of my wallet and put it away. Well I can't remember where I put it, so I spent half a day looking for it. Getting senile much? but I am well known for not knowing where I put things. It was a constant source of annoyance for Marvin when I couldn't find my keys, money etc. etc. I'll keep on looking.

-The gardener came today, I went outside to talk to him and noticed the fountain was not working. It had been OK up to last night. He emptied it, and found out that the pump was broken. The fountain is a never ending source of joy for me. I love to see the finches and hummingbirds bathing and drinking from it. Sometimes doves and crows come to drink. I like the sound of the water bubbling.  The fountain is not looking great, we had it for a number of year. Buy another pump or a new fountain?


-I wanted to eat something new that I didn't have to cook. I called the Thai place Renu Nakorn and ordered chicken Pad Thai and sticky rice with Mango. It was very good, The mango was sweet and delicious. One piece was a little hard so I picked it up and bit on it and just about broke a tooth, It was the pit! My tooth is still sore.


-After dinner, it had cooled off a little so I decided to plant some plants I bought yesterday. I took a planter with geraniums that was on the area where I do  the plantings, and noticed that underneath were lots of tiny little spiders. I took the hose and rinsed them off, then I got some pots, dirt etc, and proceeded to plant them. I did a good job.  My legs felt a bit itchy so I rinsed them with the hose. When I went in the house I noticed big areas on my legs with a rash and some swollen spots. I don't think it was mosquito bites, maybe some of those pesky little spiders??? I don't know what it is but they sure itch. My legs are coated with aloe vera!


I hope this will be all for today. I plan on maybe watching a movie and then go to bed. In the plus side, the girls are having fun, one is watching a concert in the Gardens, the other is watching the frikis in ComicCon.

Let's hope all my readers are having a good day!


3 comments:

RedRed said...

those are not nice anecdotes

hope you find your money and that your leg feels better!

Lizzie said...

even with the not-so-good things, I liked this blog!
I might say to get a new fountain!
also what are 'frikis'?

Ninius said...


Friki (del inglés freaky,1​ y este de freak, ‘extraño’, ‘extravagante’, ‘estrafalario’) o friqui es un término coloquial para referirse a una persona cuyas aficiones, comportamiento o vestuario son inusuales.2​ Al conjunto de aficiones minoritarias propias de los frikis se denomina frikismo2​ o cultura friki.3