Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Got it done


Marv and I spent most of Sunday building my elevated planter. It was quite a job, is hard to follow directions when the pictures and directions don't seem too clear. But we got it done. Mainly Marv did all the work, the drilling and putting things together, I read the directions and gave some input. We just made a mistake but it was easily solved. We were pretty proud with the end result :)

Today Norbert came to help me move it to where it should go, that was too hard to do by myself or with Marv. So now it is in place, and N put the bags of soil that I had bought in the box and is ready for planting. I bought 1 tomato plant, 2 green peppers, and one tomatillo today. The theme of the planter is going to be a salsa garden :)  I already have the cilantro plant and jalapeƱo plant and green onion plants in pots. And also 2 more tomato plants.  In front of the house where we had tomatoes last year we have 3 big plants that grew voluntarily from last year. I don't think they will give a good crop but it already has some tomatoes. I also planted some celery. And I have a strawberry planter with an assortment of herbs, and of course, a strawberry plant too.



It's one of the perks of living in SoCal, things grow here with minimum effort :)

This is just for my information:

Vegetables plants I have so far
6 tomato plants
1 tomatillo
2 green peppers
2 hot peppers
3 celery plants
1 strawberry plant

Herbs I have so far
Rosemary (2 big plants)
2 cilantro
2 thyme plants, one huge
1 rue
2 mints
1 Mexican oregano
1 lemon verbena
2 Big lavender plants
1 chamomile
1 parsley


1 comment: