Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Friendship Haiku

Some friends come and go
but good friends stay forever
I am one of them

I was thinking about friends I have had thru my life. 
I don't think I've ever ended a friendship knowingly.
Some friendships ended because of moving away and losing touch  
Some ended because the other person decided they didn't want to be friends anymore.

Thanks to Facebook I have reconnected with friends of my past.

Today I talked to several friends I had not talked to in a while. 
People I know from school.  Teachers, parents, students, staff.
I called them for different reasons.

One of my best friends in school, Jessica, lost her parents within 3 weeks.
The first secretary at Jersey lost her husband a couple of weeks ago.
The "ruler" of the IMC is retiring and having a party the 27th
Another teacher told me all the latest gossip
An ex student wanted to know if I would go back to teaching since his son is starting K in September.

They all seemed happy to hear from me. I shall keep in touch more often.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Aside from the sadness of the deaths in the families, I love these reconnections!

RedRed said...

I am not good with keeping up with old friends. Good job to you!