Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter

This year Easter is a week before Marvin's Birthday.
Because it was just the two of us, I ordered an Easter dinner from Mimi's and brought it home.
We had a big breakfast in the morning. I cooked bacon and sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy. It was very tasty!
In the afternoon, I drove to Mimi's to get our Easter meal. It was a salad, baked ham, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a mini baguette. For dessert there was a creme brulee cheesecake with strawberry sauce (best part of the meal).

Notice the beautiful roses from our garden

It was a quiet day. Marvin was not feeling too well all day and spend some time napping, I also took a nap after our dinner.

I was thinking of other Easters. When the girls were little Marvin's sister Mary made them long dresses, sometimes with bonnets too. I saved a couple of them. We always had egg hunts around our backyard, it was fun. I remember some Easters when it snowed, fun times in Idaho!

Then when Tristan was born, Easters were fun, some years we drove to Utah and spent  my school Spring Break there. One year we had a fun Easter over at Lizzie's in San Diego. I remember the girls and Tristan each got a golden egg with $100 inside courtesy of JoBunny  ;)

Then we had some fun Easters when Mia came from Sweden in April , remember that?

I hope everybody had a very nice Easter weekend.


1 comment:

emtes said...

Yes, I do remember and I miss that. Coming to you and celebrating Easter and Marvin's birthday. I don't know why it is like that but every time it has been Easter. I loved it when I went to school with you and did the bunny ears, read to the children and when they went on egg hunt. I also loved it when everyone came to Easter - Sandy, Lizzie, Tristan, Mary, Dewy (is that spelled right) Bettie and all the O'Dells. I loved making you Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes with cooked carrots and it seems that everyone liked it.
And I loved getting walnuts to take home :-)

We had a great Easter. No baby yet :-)

I hope Marvin feels better now?

Love you and send you lots of hugs

Your sis Mia