Saturday, May 7, 2016

Paella Sunday

I just read Sandy's blog about making paella and how she was pretty satisfied with the results. I made mi paella on the same day as she did, Sunday.

Paella cooking skipped a generation, mine.

I am  sad to admit my paella was pretty inedible.  I used the paella pan, the oil, the rice, chicken, pork, seasonings, pimientos for garnishing, etc. It looked OK, but the rice in the edges were quite hard, and the middle was quite mushy. I give part of the blame to my stove that won't let the paella lie flat so the liquid didn't quite reach the edges. But I like to make excuses when I totally should take the blame.


I used to make a fairly decent arroz con pollo, which is basically rice with chicken. But the last couple of times I made it, it wasn't as good.  Maybe I should put away the rice for a while, although my chinese fried rice is still on point.

Chicken with rice (2011)



No comments: