Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day

This year, our 4th of July was not too great.

Marv had to go to dialysis and I came back home and vacuumed the house.

After I picked him up, we stopped by Taco Bell to get him some taco supremes.

I went to wash a couple of dishes and found out the sink is clogged!!! We'll have to wait till Tuesday
to get it fixed. In the meantime I put some baking soda and white vinegar down the drain and it seems to help some.

At night, Lulu and I sat outside and looked at the neighborhood fireworks. She is not scared of them, basically she ignored the whole thing. A couple of times there was such a big bang that it  triggered the alarms in the vehicles in the street (including our pickup) . Lulu's ears perked up a little.

This is what I had to eat today:

 1 chocolate chip cookie
1 egg omelette with  a few hash browns
Angel hair pasta with chicken and a dash of olive oil
Many glasses of water

Marvin's 4th of July meal:

I don't know what he had for breakfast
3 slices of roast beef  for lunch
3 tacos supreme from Taco Bell
2 pork chops with carrots and angel hair pasta
He had some snacks, and 1 Coronita :)

Not really your average 4th of July fare!

Why didn't we have the traditional grilled steak with garlic mayo etc?  Well because I have to have a procedure on Monday and that's what I had to eat, and Marvin was OK with what he had. Last Sunday Norbert came over and we had the steak dinner!

Tomorrow is an all liquid day.

I hope you all had a good weekend!




No comments: