Friday, May 8, 2015

Rain, shoes and strawberries

It  finally rained! And rained, and it got  chilly in the low 60's, had to turn on the heater! Brrrrrrrrr

Yesterday I had an early Mother's Day present from Sandy, she said is one of the few times she has not been late with a present lol. When we came back from dialysis, there was a package by the door from Shari's Strawberries. I opened it right away and it was a box with 12 gorgeous chocolate dipped strawberries. We each had one right away. Yum!  Thanks Sandy!



I'll go back a couple of days to 5 de mayo. I was going to go to Huntington Beach to meet Norbert and have some Mexican lunch, but the weather was cloudy and I didn't feel like listening to his ongoing tale of woe, so  Marvin and I decided to go to El Cholo to have a Margarita and some food on Friday, which we did. As I said it was cool and rainy,and they had a nice fire going by the fireplace and it was cozy and enjoyable. When we got home I had a loooooooooooooooooong nap :)

We both had soup, chile verde, and chimichangas and a flan.

On Thursday I decided I wanted another pair of shoes from Sketchers. I spent a long time trying shoes and finally settled in a GoWalk 3 pair in gray, and a Memory Form Fit in ecru. They fit great.  After that I went to get me some egg rolls from Pho Saigon, I think they are the best egg rolls around. The  restaurant is in the Marshall's Shopping Center, so I went in to check what's new. I bought me a cute little bag that is insulated and I can use as a purse as well.  Then I went to look at the shoes, and I bought my very first pair of Crocs! They are actually cute, hot pink and very comfortable. I will use them for gardening since they are waterproof. And super cheap.
only mine are hot pink/white

It's been a good week. And Lulu is enjoying her freedom from her kennel and behaving like a grown up :)


No comments: