Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New computer, etc.

I got my new computer on Saturday. It's a 1TB HP Envy. I told Marv to be ready to help me install it on Sunday.

Sunday was Mother's Day, Lizzie was going to come but since she had been here last weekend and we went to the Getty, I told her she could come the week of the 17th instead.  Marv went shopping for groceries, we had a nice breakfast and got ready to install the PC. I told myself last time I bought one that I would either buy an all in one next time or I would call the Geek Squad to set it up. But we tried to do it ourselves, it was pretty easy to do, only it meant a lot of bending and crawling and plugging in things hoping they went in the right hole :)

We got it running and I was happy. I d/l Chrome and PSP. I told myself not to go crazy d/l things the first day, just get familiar with the new PC and keyboard. It was nice to be able to search the web without being frozen every other minute.

Marvin cooked BBQ baby back ribs, they were super delicious!!! I ate 2 out of the three strawberries left in the box for dessert, and it was a great meal.

I had stayed up Saturday night watching the baptism of the twin babies of Albert and Charlene of Monaco, my computer of course kept on freezing and I wish I had set up the new one on Saturday so I could have watched without interruptions, so I ended up watching most of it in my iPhone. I went to bed a little past 4AM.

Anyway after dinner Sunday and after talking to my 2 daughters and Jennifer, I went to turn on the computer to check mail and FB before bed. To my great annoyance, that's what I got: No OS found, insert OS set up disk, then 01. Only problem is the computer came with no disk!!! I turned it off and then on again, and same error. I may have cried a little I was so pissed! After a few more tries with the same results, it finally booted. Checked my mail and FB and went to bed.

This morning, I turned on the computer and I got this: ERROR No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. Here I started spouting some curse words directed to my PC and HP and technology in general. I tried and tried, finally I called HP support. After a while some heavily Asian accented woman started asking questions and said she would help me. She told me to turn the computer on and off, which I did, I explained what the problem was and she kept saying she'd help. Now after it turned on it started doing some updates, 1 of 103, she said to wait, it was going very slow. After giving her the model number and other data it was still 10 of 103, she said we just had to wait. OK, a couple minutes later it was 33 of 103, I told that to the tech and no answer, WE HAD BEEN DISCONNECTED! At that point I decided to get me a drink. Then I played with Lulu, had lunch etc.

After a couple of hours I tried again and it started right away. I haven't turned it off since. It is now 2:00AM and I am sleepy. Marv has had a couple of bad days bleeding, I had to change him about 4 times yesterday and today 3 times in the last 3 hours. I hope it has stopped at least till the morning.

Tomorrow is the semi final game Barcelona-Bayern of the Champions Cup, it starts at 10:45AM so I
 will be watching :) GO BARCA!!!

No comments: