Monday, April 20, 2015

A very nice weekend

I realize I haven't written too much lately. I have been way busy. Last Saturday  I had to take M to the ER, he's OK now, he didn't even have to have a blood transfusion or stay the night. Then on Monday he had to go to his internist, and then on Wednesday he has to have some surgery on his face.

With all this going on, I was trying to finish cleaning my closet, take things to the shed, mop the bathrooms and kitchen floors, vacuum the house, grocery shopping etc. etc. I seem to leave things always for the last minute.

And then on Thursday we went to the Long Beach Airport to pickup Sandy and Tristan :)They came over to celebrate M's 75th birthday (it actually is on the 21st). T asked me if I could make croquetas and of course I did, very pleased he likes my cooking. Lizzie got there a little later. Lulu of course got over excited to everybody!

The next day M went to Polly's and bought huge cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and he and T went  to FYE to do some shopping. We had a late lunch at Panda Inn, another of T's favorites and ours also. T and I had soup, then we all had Phoenix chicken, Panda Beef, fried fish in a yummy sauce, Lemon chicken, honey walnut shrimps and sesame roasted asparagus.  It was super good!    Sandy, T and I went to Target and did some shopping. When we came home we sat outside and chatted and looked at the hummingbirds feeding and bathing. Then we watched TV and had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. The best thing was to be all together. It was nice.

Saturday they took M to dialysis and then we went to our traditional place for lunch, can you guess Mia? yep El Cholo! Love those Margaritas!

Later after they picked Marvin at dialysis, the girls went to the movies to see "The DUFF" , I watched it at home, it was a fun teen movie. Lizzie gave M a deep fryer/stock pot, it'll be good for frying catfish! For dinner some had Chipotle, some had sandwiches.

And then, too soon, it was Sunday. M went shopping and I started working on breakfast: Belgian waffles, sausage and bacon. Then they helped with a few things around the house and got ready to leave. Lizzie took them to the airport.

It was a very enjoyable 4 days. The weather was very nice and we all enjoyed each other's company. I love them all very much and I was happy!


I am shrinking and T's growing taller!

1 comment:

emtes said...

You all look great on that photo and you just look younger every day. Marvin looks good too.
I remember last year we went to Panda Inn on M's birthday. I still have two fortune cookies left from that day :-)
And of course you went to El Chulo :-) I would have been surprised if you didn't ;-)
I'm so glad you had such a lovely time, and since I read Sandy's blog I was there with you in thoughts.
Puss och kram to you both and to Lulu. Love you!
Mia