Thursday, September 4, 2014

Some good news (and a sad one)

N went to the neurosurgeon today. I called him tonight and spoke to his sister for a while, she told me they are going to do a CT scan monthly, that he needs to walk for 15 minutes twice a day, cannot lift thing or bent or twist his body, and NO DRIVING. I was dreading talking to him because I thought he might be more depressed or upset...but I was so happily surprised! At least for today (and hopefully from now on) he was the old Norbert. He made sense, he told me about the doctor's visit and what he told them. He said the doctor showed him his head xray and said that was a deadly fall and he's lucky to be alive. I think that jolted him! He was kidding, and laughing, and just talking like he did before the fall, he even was talking seriously and making a lot of sense about his future with Crista. He realizes that it may not be the dream he had, but he will keep on working to bring her here so she can have a better life, he was making a lot of good sense. He also said he had a nice dinner Eva made for him- with no mention of poison or dog food- and he said he needs to be patient and hope for the best. I was very encouraged, and I hope he stays this way :)



The sad news is the death of Joan Rivers. I really liked her, I liked her humor and the way she made fun of herself. I read all the books she wrote and found her to be a very smart caring funny woman. I watched her TV shows, and never missed "Fashion Police". She said the way to deal with tragedy, or pain, or bad luck, is just to make fun of it, to laugh at it, as a way of coping. To find humor in life, to always see the bright side of things. May she rest in peace and make them laugh in heaven.

2 comments:

emtes said...

I'm so happy that N is feeling so much better :-) That must be a relief for you! Now probably all he needs is to continue rehab to get stronger and better. Good thing he is under observation all the times.

I too have a sad news. My nephew had a motorcycle accident yesterday. Bad one. He was flown with a helicopter to our most specialized hospital here in Stockholm, Karolinska. He has smashed his left side, has cerebral haemorrhage and bruises (that's what they said) on the brain. They say he will survive but we don't know if he will walk or even be his normal self again. A bit like N but more :-(
Time will tell.

RedRed said...

Good news about Norbert!