Monday, December 16, 2013

My birthday!

I was born at the stroke of midnight, 70 years ago. For a few years I celebrated my birthday on the 16th, and then the 17th (my baptism say 16th, my birth certificate the 17th).

I was going to write about the excellent surprises Sandy, Lizzie and Marvin had planned for Sunday, but I just read Sandy's blog and she explained everything much better than I ever could.  It was a total surprise, and there was not a moment I didn't enjoy!

I am amazed everything went like clockwork. They had been working on it since July! The very first surprise was to see Tristan waiting at the airport with Sandy. I had no idea he was coming! Having both my daughters and grandson come to spend my birthday with me, was just wonderful! :)

We also had a fun lunch at El Cholo on Saturday where I got a little tipsy with my Margarita and sang at the top of my lungs "Happy Birthday to me"
And then of course, it was Sunday, and everything ran so smoothly, and everything planned was so great, that even the weather collaborated and it was a gorgeous day! I loved the Museum, had been wanting to go there for a long time, and I loved the beach side restaurant with the wonderful views. I totally enjoyed being chauffered around in the limo, soo nice! And getting home and seeing Marvin's family and a bunch of my teacher friends was just amazing!!! I think my mouth stayed open for the longest time !
 
I will make a Birthday album in Facebook and you will all be able to see all the fun things that went on :)
 
Thank you again so much to Lizzie, Sandy, Marvin for a spectacular day! and to the elves, Tristan and Norbert, you were great helpers. Love you all very much.
 
Can't wait to see what the plans will be for my 80th!!!!!!! ;)

2 comments:

RedRed said...

It WAS a fun weekend!!

emtes said...

So sad I couldn't be there but I was with you all in thoughts.
Such a wonderful plan of everyone.
I'm so happy for you.
Love you
Mia