Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 recap

2013 was a good year :)

January was a quiet month.

 February we had our 48th wedding anniversary, Sandy flew down for a few days and Lizzie came up also. We had a nice time all together.

 March  Tristan turned 15! I also returned a HS ring to an old bf from South Dakota. Jameson Lee O'Dell was born March 7 (same day as Jeff).

 April Tristan flew down to stay with us for a few days,

Marvin turned 73 years old, his brother and sisters, David and Iris came to wish him a happy birthday.

 May the highlight was Mother's Day. I had a wonderful day with  Lizzie and Marvin, even Jeff showed up. Missed Sandy but she called :)

June the lowlight was getting a traffic ticket :(

Sandy had her 47th birthday and was surprised by Lizzie flying to Utah to spend the day with her :)

 July Tristan came to spend a week with us, he brought his longboard, and had fun at the beach. Marvin had to go to Urgent Care  because of pulled ligament. I had a bad case of dry mouth. I called Nuri for her birthday, same old same old.

 August Sandy and Marty celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary. We had the house exterior painted. Cape Cod blue. Sandy flew down on the 30th.

September Sandy and Lizzie came around for Labor Day weekend, it was fun having them both here.

 October  Marvin had to go to ER for a bleeding ostomy, luckily it ended up being nothing too serious. We bought a 55" TV and a safe. Lulu turned 2 years old.

November Lizzie celebrated her 42nd birthday. Lizzie has been coming to LM one or twice a month, it's always nice to have her here. For Thanksgiving, she and Jeff came to spend the day with us. We had a very good time.

December was a great month. The highlight was by far my 70th BIRTHDAY SURPRISE.  Sandy and Tristan (surprise #1) flew down. It was just surprise after surprise abd I had absolutely no clue about what went on. I spent a wonderful day with my daughters at the Getty and Gladstones, being driven around in a limo, to come home to a very very SURPRISE party with family (wish Mia could have come) and friends!!!!! Thank you Lizzie, Sandy and Marvin and Tristan!
Christmas Eve was nice and enjoyable as was a quiet Christmas day with Lizzie and Jeff.


     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Books I've read in 2013 = 79
 
Here's to a wonderful 2014
 

 
 

2 comments:

emtes said...

I sure would have been there if I had been able to. I did look for flights but as it turned out at work and with my health I wouldn't have been able to make it. But I certainly was with you in thought.
Your year was quite good I think and you are such a good reader.
I think I have read around 50 last year (2013)
I hope this year will bring better health and I hope to see you!
Besos, puss och kram
your sis Mia
Love you always.

RedRed said...

79 books! That's insane!!