Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lulu




I have been wanting a dog for a while, I talked to Marvin about it and he seemed to agree and left it up to me on breed, color, etc.

I wanted a smaller, mellow dog and I read that maltipoos do well with older people and they are very smart and, well, they are cute! :)

I looked all over the internet, Pennysaver, local etc. (I had an interesting email exchange with a seller from Texas lol, but that's another story).  Then I went to a local pet shop here in La Mirada and they had 2 maltipoos , a boy and a girl, a black one and a white one. They were sweet.

This weekend, Lizzie was here, and we went to see the puppies at the pet shop, I was undecided. Later on, we went to put gas in the car at Sam's and drove by again, and checked them. I liked the black one but I thought it was a boy, when the manager said it was a female, I more or less decided to get her. Indecision is my middle name!

We brought her home Saturday evening, and surprised Marvin! She was very quiet and shy, and just layed next to Lizzie and slept. She drank water and pee a few times and Lizzie picked her up and put her in her wee wee pad. Then we tried to think of a name, Lizzie liked JoJo but I can't pronounced it well lol, finally we settled with Lulu, it suits her.

At night, I put her in a basket in the living room, and she started trying to climb up, then she whined and howled (sounded like a bird),  after a while she was out of the basket!  So we put her in the small bathroom with a couple towels, her basket sideways and the wee wee pad. She was happy.

This morning I got her around 8AM, and she had pee and poop in her mat, like a good girl, and went I took her in the living room she acted like a puppy, running around and playing. Lizzie bought her  a food and water bowl and a little toy. She loves it. She and Lizzie bonded pretty quickly.

After Lizzie went back to San Diego, she's been following me around all over the place. She layed down with Marvin on his chair for a while. But then she went into playing mode, running like a little banshee and growling and even barked once! It was funny :)

So here we are with a puppy in the house. Welcome home Lulu! :)



No comments: