Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Retirement Dinner



Pineapple coconut Margarita



My long time aide and some teachers. Jessica and I have worked together for 25 years!



Giving some kind of speech lol



Monday, June 6, at El Cholo.

We had decided it would be only for Jersey School, even though some of my old principals, and other teachers friends had asked about having a dinner for me, I preferred just to be with the Jersey bunch.


Marvin and I got at the restaurant and most everybody was already there. My friend Jennifer couldn't make it because she was out of State, in Washington, but most of the teachers and other staff were there.



I have to say I had pretty much fun. As a surprise, they invited my aide Martha Flores. She had worked with me in kinder for about 12 years, she had retired 11 years ago, so it had been a long time since we had seen each other, she looked exactly the same! :)



We took a lot of pictures and there was a lot of drinking and much laughter (many people told me they had not laugh as much for a long time). I didn't get any gifts because they were not ready lol, but they bought me several drinks,of course Margaritas, and pina coladas.



We all had dinner there, a taco and salad buffet, and of course another big cake from Porto's!

I was glad that Marvin could make it, I think he had a good time too :)

1 comment:

emtes said...

So glad you had a good time and you can see that on the photos. Especially the coco margarita which I too love! Hope you had one for me too :-)
Glad they decided to give you a big celebration! You're worth it. And happy that Marvin was feeling so good he could join you.
Again - great photos
Puss och kram Mia <3