Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fireworks and My June Book List :)

My school district is trying to raise funds by selling fireworks, they did it last year and it went very well. Schools take turns having people come to sell the fireworks. Today was Jersey and Cresson's turn. I didn't go last year but I volunteered this year, from 1PM to 4PM. The fireworks stand (a big one) was right in front of the school district office.
When i got there, the teachers working the 11-1 shift were getting ready to leave. I worked with Becky, Jessica and Carmen. The principal of Cresson was there too (I had her son in my Kinder a while back and she's a good friend). There are two big mulberry trees in front of the office, so we had chairs and sat in the shade, when we saw people coming we would get up and sell fireworks. It was pretty fun, even one of my kinder kids came with his family (Julio!) I sold about $300 worth, there was not a lot of people coming, the next 2 days will be a lot more. But still we made quite a bit of money, rather the District did!
Our principal Monica came too and she brought us lunch (chicken tacos), then later we were going to play Scrabble, but I left at 4:30.
All in all it was pretty fun!!!

JUNE

Elizabeth Adler – It All began in Monte Carlo
James Patterson – Cross Fire
Kim Gruenenfelder - There's Cake in My Future
J. Kaufman K. Mack – Literacy and Longing in L.A.
Liza Palmer – Conversations with the fat girl
Sarah-Kate Linch – Dolci di love
Jane Green – Promises to keep

No comments: