Saturday, July 9, 2011

End of school year picnic, Friday June 10















After the retirement Tea, and the dinner at El Cholo, the next thing was the Kindergarten picnic. The 5 kindergarten classes invited all parents to the picnic, we the teachers got pizza, chips and drinks for the kids, the parents each brought potluck to share.




We had of course lots of parents, and all the kids, the swimming pool was open and all children that brought swimwear got into the (kids) pool. It was a typical June day, so it was rather cool in the morning and overcast, but by the time they got into the pool the sun was shining.




After the pool, it was lunch time and we all had plenty to eat. Many different kinds of salad, green, macaroni, crab, potato, pasta etc. Also fried chicken, tamales, all kinds of chips and side dishes too. And of course, desserts: fruit, cheesecake, cupcakes etc.




Our principal and her husband were there too, as parents of a kindergarten kid.



Towards the end, the brother of one of the kids came out to perform some magic tricks. All the kids sat down and were amazed by the (very simple) tricks.

Afterwards, the principal asked all the parents to come around and told them about my retirement. Most everybody knew already, but it still got applause. Then my room mother came to me and gave me a hug and made a little speech about how glad they were that I was their children's teacher on my last year, she then gave me a huge framed picture of me and my class, and all the children had signed their names. I was also given a beautiful cake.


I said thank you and that's about it, Monica and my co teachers were laughing because they knew I don't like to make speeches at those times. But all in all, it was very nice :)

No comments: