Sunday, September 5, 2010

My last Kinder class


It is a well known albeit unscientific fact, that you have a good class one year and a bad class the next. Well last year I only had 15 students, they were the nicest, smartest class I had in quite a while, so I should have seen it coming...

This year I have so far 20 children, which means I will have up to 6 more when and if they come during the school year, which means starting from 0 on those ones, not a good thing. Of the 20 I have, 11 are boys and 9 are girls. The boys are something else!!!! wild ones! I don't remember ever having children sitting on the bench during recess from day 1.

We've only had 3 days of school, but it seems like a month. One of my boys went around the tables trying to cut some of the other kids' hair! Another one cried and screamed for his mother for what seemed like hours. I already have 2 couples holding hands and sitting together ALL the time. 8 of them cannot even write their name, and 6 of them are still only 4 years old. I am sure it all will even out eventually :)

This is Labor Day weekend, Marvin and I are just staying home, Norbert went on a month long vacation with his sister, so I'll have to take care of his business while he's gone. On Tuesday is back to school, but Marvin is going to have some skin c removed from his ears, so I have to go pick him up when he's done, so no school for me! The next day, Wednesday, is Back to School Night, so we get to meet the parents and show them around, fun!

I hope you are all having a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

emtes said...

Sounds like you will have your hands full this year ;-) I'm sure by the end of the year they will all behave like angels.
Have a nice Labour Day (something we don't have here)
Hugs :-)