Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big Bear Lake 9-24-10


Today was the day Marvin and I met in Barcelona, 46 years ago. We had a wedding to attend on Saturday and decided to leave on Friday and spend the day in Bear Lake, The weather was beautiful, the lake blue and sparkly. We were staying in a rustic Inn called Nottingham, we had the Little John room. The drive from San Bernardino to Big Bear lake is windy and with great scenery.
After checking in, we went for a walk around the lake, and watched the sunset. After that, we walked to a Restaurant in The Village called The Teddy Bear Inn. I had a chicken pot pie and Marvin had chicken fried steak, it was good. Then we walked to a bakery and I had a really yummy cupcake with chocolate ganache. It was nice walking around there, it's really pretty, surrounded by huge pine trees, and all the stores in The Village were nicely decorated with flowers etc.
Our room was interesting, it had a king size bed and a balcony. We could look down at tables in the patio where they served drinks and food, it was fun.
As we were ready to go to bed, Marvin surprised me with a nice anniversary card, saying he hoped I liked my gift. I said, what gift? and then he gave me a jewelry box with a beautiful diamond circle necklace. I was SURPRISED!!! It is gorgeous.
It was really a very lovely day, love you Marv! :)

2 comments:

emtes said...

Aahh, so nice of him. I saw the photos and it looks like a wonderful time.
Love you <3

RedRed said...

I want that necklace!!