Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th


My cactus is blooming again :)

I haven't been doing much of anything since coming back from vacation. Just relaxing and sleeping late, etc. It's been good just to take it easy. The weather has been great too.
Tomorrow Saturday, Marvin and I were going to go to San Diego and spend the day with Lizzie and Jeff, but she called this afternoon to let me know they were both feeling sick (they had a birthday party for Dakota, and one of her friends came down with something and they caught it too). So hopefully we can go next Saturday. We were both looking forward to it. Get well Lizzie!
Tuesday, I am having a get together with my friends from Jersey School, so far there's about 12 coming, probably more. It's a potluck BYOB type of thing, they are bringing their kids too. I will buy a couple of chickens from Juan Pollo, will make a pineapple cake, and sangria. Oh and the Jacuzzi will be there to enjoy too. It should be fun.
Norbert is leaving this Sunday to Lake Powell, with his boat and camper. He's going to be gone for about 15 days, he asked me to go a couple of times to water his lawn and pay bills. He also said we could stay there a couple days if we want to, so Marvin and I will go on Wednesday or Thursday, and enjoy Huntington Beach. We want to go to Crystal Cove at sunset time too. it should be gorgeous. Then have dinner and spend the night there .
The week of the 23rd, I have to go to work and test the kindergarten children, school will begin August 30th, I think....my last year, I still have mixed feelings about it.
Have a good weekend everybody!

1 comment:

emtes said...

The cactus flower is gorgeous! I hope you and Marvin will have a great time in Huntington beach. Was Crystal Cove the place we drove to and saw the sunset the first year I came? It was gorgeous and people came out from the houses drinking champagne. I remember it so well.
Have fun and a wonderful weekend. Here we have 32C and I don't like it!! It's too hot.
Hugs <3 <3