Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to work


School started early this year, September 2. I only have 15 children in my class, so far. That's the smallest class ever for me, and I like it! We only had 3 days of school, and then the long Labor Day weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow.
On other news, our neighbors Patty and Leon moved out also on September 2, and the same day, the new neighbors moved in. They are a young couple with no children. I already met the husband but not the wife.
The kitchen is not yet finished. Hopefully they can finish it tomorrow. They need to finish painting, I'd like the gray to be a little darker, maybe it will be with the next coat of paint. They need to hook up the stove top, change the hinges in the cabinets and put the knobs on. So far it looks very nice. I will certainly take pictures when is all finished :)
Marvin is planning on going to Utah on Thursday for a couple of weeks, if the kitchen is all finished.
The fires around Los Angeles seem to be under control, and today was a most wonderful bright sunny day!
And I agree with Sandy, every week should be a 4 day work week :)

1 comment:

emtes said...

I really, really like your classroom this year. And how wonderful if your class can stay that small :-)
That would be heavenly for you.
Hugs and kisses :-)))