Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Kinder Team


It seems like every year my Kindergarten team changes. This year besides Gloria and Norma, we have Jessica (I worked with her in kinder several years ago) and her partner Dani, who is 6 month pregnant. They share a classroom, Jessica works in the morning and Dani in the afternoon.
We had a fun Back to School night. All the parents (but one) of the kids in my class were in attendance. Today the super intendent came to visit our school, he visited every room and he was very complimentary about the way my class looked. Wish I could say the same about my 15 kiddies's behavior lol.
Such a small class and such a great difference in skills. One boy can read fluently at level 6 and he already can read 72 of the 100 high frequency words they need to know by the end of kinder. The other extreme, is a boy that cannot write or recognize his name, and can't tell the difference between letters and numbers.
I was thinking the other day, that since I became a kindergarten teacher at Jersey School, I have taught about 700 children. And I am not counting Idaho...
I am now teaching the children of some of my students. Fun!

2 comments:

emtes said...

And you are not a day older. How can that be?
Have a good weekend. I'm going to attend a course in "How to speak and be heard". I really need that don't you think :-)

Hugs and kisses from your sis Mia :-)

RedRed said...

You look cute, Mom!

700 kids! That's crazy!! How cool is that?!