Sunday, July 5, 2020

4th of July and fireworks

I love fireworks, as I said before, I think I am the only one that likes them.

There's some people that shoot illegal fireworks, M80's and M100's, mostly they come from Mexico.They are EXTREMELY loud and they are called bombs, not fireworks. The noise set the car alarms, and scare the dogs ( and people). I don't like those. I like the beautiful ones that light up the sky with colors and shapes, some of the beautiful ones are also loud but not as loud as the "bombs"

Lizzie doesn't like fireworks, they give her anxiety. I didn't know about it and I was surprised last year when she told me about it. It didn't seem to bother Lulu much.

This year I have seen more fireworks from my front porch that any other years. Not only all over La Mirada, and surrounding areas but all over Los Angeles area. They even showed it on the news  helicopters flying over LA saying they had never seen so many fireworks going on.

I sat outside and sat on a chair I placed on the porch, and there were lots and lots of  great displays. Unfortunately among the beautiful ones there were also some bombs. Lulu didn't want to come out  not even to pee. Right now is past midnight and there's still  some going on.

The illegal fireworks carry a penalty of $1000.00, but the police need to see who's lighting them. So they have sent deputies riding bikes trying to catch some in the act. I hope they give some fines because really there's no need for those bombs and the horrible sound they make.

Other than that, it's been a nice day, Lizzie went for a hike, she watched Hamilton and discusses it with Sandy. We worked in the garden, and had an early dinner from Blue Apron, steak with green beans, potato cheese patties and sliced tomatoes, it was really tasty. Later my neighbor Amy brought some smoked BBQ ribs with corn and brownies.

I hope that you all had a nice  4th of July :)


1 comment:

swedish-spanish rockmom said...

I love fireworks too :-) And Hilma loved them. On New Year's Eve she used to stay on the balcony with us looking at all the fireworks. She loved it which is kind of crazy with a dog.
Hope you are allright and that your celebration was good. It sounds like it anyway.

Take care, love you
Mia