Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June Recap

June was supposed to be the month where I was going to Sweden, meet my sister, and spend Midsummer there, and also a quick visit to Prague. But it wasn't meant to be. The Corona Virus changed my plans.

June was also the month that things in the house broke down or needed repair, or both. The A/C stopped working, the repair man changed the transformer, and 10 days later it blew up again. It is now working OK after the second transformer was installed.  The washing machine  was acting very strangely, it wouldn't fill up just started with the rinse. Almost ready to call the Maytag man, but then I moved things around, I think it needed realignment,and is working fine again. The TV in my room wouldn't turn in, again I did my magic and fixed it following Google directions. The wifi has been acting up as well. The refrigerator is making loud noises very annoying. etc. etc. Not fun!

Norbert just got back from spending 3 weeks in Las Vegas with his sister. So now I have another person to talk to during confinement, besides my daughters and the occasional neighbor or school friends.

Healthwise, knock on wood, we are all doing well. I have not heard from Mia for a while but I saw thru FB that they all had gone on vacation, so I imagine they are all OK.  Nuri and family in Spain seem to be fine. Unfortunately there seems to be a resurgence of the virus, so here in California, even though there's been some opening of beaches, businesses, restaurants etc. they may be closing down again. In LA they are closing the beaches for the 4th of July.

I won't even talk about politics. But that became a big part of June as well.

After spending 3 months letting my hair go naturally white, I colored it lass Saturday. I feel more like myself.  Also this month I went to TJ's. I missed it. Today I went to get my second shingles shot, and afterwards we went to La Huasteca, and had 2 Mango Margaritas, and some tacos. It was great!

Lulu is doing well, she had a haircut and is being very loving. I hope she can meet Mac, Sandy's new dog sometime :)

MOVIES I'VE WATCHED THIS MONTH
I haven't watched a lot of movies, but have seen a lot of Netflix shows. 
The Floor is LAVA!

BOOKS I'VE READ IN JUNE
Libraries are still closed, but I got used to Kindle and also read 2 books from 
my Mother's Day gift from Sandy


You all take care and be well
Love you





1 comment:

RedRed said...

Two margaritas!? Nice!