Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Cambria 2018

On December 21, 2008, Marvin and I too a nice trip up the California coast to Cambria. I have very good memories of that trip, the Inn we stayed Cambria Shores , the room, the views, the town, Hearst Castle, the elephant seals, the little pretty town and stores and especially the beach and the sunsets.. We had a lovely time in Moonstone Beach.

I had been wanting to go back, and stay in the same Inn. I asked Lizzie if she wanted to come and she said yes., thanks Lizzie!!!  So I made a reservation and agreed on a date and finally we left and took along Lulu for the trip. Lizzie talked about the trip in her blog, so I will just post some pictures and make some comments about the little vacation.

First I have to say it met my expectations. 
The Inn had been modernized but everything remained the same :) 
I like the views from the Inn and our room and the breakfast basket, and appetizers and brownies.


It was a little colder than we thought it would be, and I did the worst packing ever! I should have brought a couple sweatshirts, and some socks, and a nightgown. But I didn't grrrrr

I had been looking forward to a beautiful sunset, but when we got there....

Lots of fog...

Later  the sun was shining among the fog This is one of my favorite pictures ,
It was magical.


And right before sunset, the sky cleared and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset as we sipped some wine

Lulu walked a lot, she enjoyed the boardwalk, and so did we :)


This is Nitt Witt Ridge
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitt_Witt_Ridge

When we  went to town, I wanted to go to a store/garden where I got the chimes for Marvin, Lizzie found the place and we went to check it. When I was there 10 years ago, it was called  "Heart's Ease" but now is called "Spellbound" it's a cute gift shop, with uneven floors and chockfull of soaps, herbs, lotions and whimsical stuff. 
This is the picture Marvin took of me in the garden in 2008



And here's one in the same spot taken by Lizzie in 2018

Some nice flowers in town

It was too bad that Lizzie couldn't quite enjoy and relax as much as she wanted. She had to work and I felt bad seeing her sitting with her laptop while I went outside walking and enjoying the views. 
But  we did everything we set up to do.

On the way back we stopped in Cayucos and got some yummy cookies 
and ate a great clam chowder at Duckie's


The last view of the Central California Coast, Morro Bay
And then it was back home thru Los Padres National Forest, very interesting :)
It was full moon and it was awesome seeing the full moon over Los Angeles Basin on our way home.



I had a really nice time with Lizzie and Lulu. I enjoyed walking on the beach, collecting stones, and getting my feet wet, and walking the streets of Cambria. I enjoyed seeing places I'd seen before with Marvin, and  I enjoyed seeing places I had never seen before.
Till next time Cambria!






2 comments:

Lizzie said...

awesome recap!

RedRed said...

Sounds like a nice little getaway. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Pretty pictures too.