Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Day in Disneyland

A week ago I went to Disneyland with my daughter, we wanted to see it decorated for Halloween.
Even though I live about `12 miles from Disneyland, I had not been there for the past 10 years.
I was trying to remember how many times I have visited the Magic Kingdom, but I cannot really remember. Too many to count.

I've been there with my husband and daughters, with my in laws, with my daughters, and their husband/partner, and  my grandson celebrated his 5th birthday there. I went to Disneyland with my mother and father, with my sister Nuri, and my niece Sonia. With my sister Mia I went a few times as well.
But since Marvin got sick I had not been back.

It has changed a lot. I remember when it was easy to drive and park,  when there were no long lines to get into attractions, when you could buy a little ticket book...now they have huge parking structures, and the entry price has gone  sky high. But the soul of Disneyland remains the same.
Happy girl!
You can see me and Lizzie in the mirror reflection

Lizzie is an old pro at Disneyland. She knows all the secret spaces, hidden areas and lovely paths. We got there at 9:00AM and decided to start with The Haunted House (of course). We were very lucky with most attractions in that there were no long lines in most of them. The Haunted House was nicely decorated for Halloween inside and outside. After that we went to Pirates of the Caribbean, minus the wenches, then it was the Jungle Cruise. We went to just about every place we wanted to go, King Arthur's Carousel, It's a Small World, Pinocchio Daring Journey,  Snow White's Scary Adventures, Inside Sleeping Beauty Castle, Disneyland Railroad and Space Mountain.
It's Magic!

We had a long wait in Space Mountain, so we decided to  go check some other places and came back later, but by then it had closed for repairs. This is Lizzie's favorite ride so we got back one more time and luckily that time we just walked in right away!!!  The only ride we missed was Star Wars, but the wait was about an hour and I was getting a little tired by then. Lizzie told we we had walked 6 miles!

I loved everything. It was a totally gorgeous day weather wise, and I enjoyed everything. The only low point was that I was looking forward to having a nice beignet at the French Quarter, but instead n they had some pretty awful banana fritters.

It was a very lovely day in Disneyland. It never disappoints . In the way home we stopped at The Source and had a delicious late lunch at The Huasteca complete with 2 mango Margaritas. A perfect day.




3 comments:

Sandy said...

Sounds wonderful!

emtes said...

I remember the times we went. One time when we did the Small world and sang the song when we came out. The other time when we went to California land and love the souring over California and wanted to go one more time but there was the long wait so we said we wouldn't gol Then came the two from Disney, do you remember? and asked if we believed in magic and certainly we do. So we got the fast track tickets and went one more. I really loved that.

Kteach said...

Yes Mia, I remember, I even told Lizzie about it, that was great!