Friday, May 18, 2018

Strange adventure


Yesterday I had to do a few errands, went to lunch and then I came home and watched TV, did a little gardening etc.

In the evening Lulu kept on licking my arm, she wanted to go out, so I got her leash  and thought of walking her up and down the block. I decided to take my keys and lock the door rather than leave it unlocked, so out we went for a walk. She was happy and I took her around the block, by then she was tired and so was I and it was after sunset, it was a little chilly and getting dark.

I got home, got to the door and took my keys out. BUT.......
.............I had taken my car keys instead!!!!!  What to do!?

Before I left I had closed and locked the back door, closed the sliding door and the bathroom window. The back gate had the lock on as well. I thought of driving to Norbert’s or calling him, but he doesn’t have my front door key. So I rang Amy’s door and told her about my predicament, her husband had gone to bed already.

She came out and we both looked around but all windows were closed, I remembered that the kitchen window was unlocked, but there’s an awning above it and is pretty narrow. She went to get a ladder and called her husband. I was feeling pretty dumb :<)

Jose  had to cut the screen by the kitchen sink and lifted it and was able to open the window, but it was too small, so they called Matthew, their 6 year old boy, he said he’d do it. My house was dark, no lights inside, he went up a couple steps in the ladder and said, hmm I don’t want to do it.  So we all looked at each other and Amy said: I’ll do it!  She climbed on the ladder and with Jose holding her butt she tried to slide in the window feet first and in she went!!! A few things fell off the counter and the kitchen curtain rod got all twisted, but she did it, then ran in and opened the door, SUCCESS!

After I thanked them both profusely, she told me something weird. She said when she went to the living room she told Marvin sorry to bother him, she thought he was sitting on his chair!    I  came in turned on the living room light and Lulu ran to my room. The little lamp light in the room was on in the lowest setting it was off when I left !!!whoa!  

Marvin always made fun of me saying that I never knew where I left my keys and said someday I would lock myself out of the house or the car.
I had a little hard time falling sleep J

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh my goodness! What a story, Mom! Didn’t you say you were going to give a key to Amy just in case? I bet you will do that now! And the thing about her thinking Dad was in the chair is really strange. What light was off when you left and was on when you got home? That’s the only part I didn’t understand.

Lizzie said...

Oh my goodness! What a story, Mom! Didn’t you say you were going to give a key to Amy just in case? I bet you will do that now! And the thing about her thinking Dad was in the chair is really strange. What light was off when you left and was on when you got home? That’s the only part I didn’t understand.

Kteach said...

That Tiffany type lamp that you touch and lights up 3 ways, low medium high. It was on low at night every night when Marvin came home. It's in my room now.
I went to Home depot and made copies to give to Norbert and Amy :)

RedRed said...

I'm glad Amy was able to get in!

I don't know what to say about the last two paragraphs with Amy & Dad and the lamp, but I bet Dad is chuckling at this story.