Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Recap

June has not been a very good month healthwise. M had a lot of bleeding and had to have  transfusions  June 7, June 14, June 23 and June 30. For a total of 7 pints of blood.

Today June 30 we had to go to the ER because of not being able to stop the bleeding, after being checked by a doctor, a surgeon and  a head nurse, we were told nothing could be done, and to just do the best we could and get transfusions as needed.

Both of us had podiatry appointments, there were no problems and our feet look great :)

On June 20 I had a dermatology appointment. I asked the doctor about my "spider bite" (my regular doctor gave me to different doses of antibiotics but they didn't work). This doctor told me that what I had was Lipodermatosclerosis., it refers to a skin change of the lower leg that often occurs in patients that have venous insufficiency. She recommended to wear compression sock/stocking during the day.

We had to take our pickup to the Dodge dealer because it had transmission problems. The problems came to $2700 :(

June was also a very hot month. We are getting tons of tomatoes in our garden!

On June 5, my oldest daughter turned 50!!! How time flies!! :)

Lizzie came to spend the weekend before Father's Day and brought the beautiful restored portrait of my mother, my sister and I. N came on Saturday to help us hang it in the living room. It looks amazing!

Here are the books I read in June:
And the movies I watched:



Here's hoping for a better July :)


4 comments:

RedRed said...

Is my birthday really June 6? That would make my birthday 6/6/66. :( We have always celebrated it on June 5. Is there something you haven't told me for 50 years?

Kteach said...

No no is just I wrote it wrong!!

Kteach said...

OK fixed it :)

emtes said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about M's health problems :-( It must be so hard for you, both of you.
Good thing your feet are good. I can imagine the heat doesn't do you any good either. For me your temperatures are way too hot.
I like it more around the 20-25C mark. We have had very hot days but also very humid which is the worst kind.
I do hope you take care and I send you tons of hugs and kisses.
Love you

your sis Mia <3