Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fun Friday

Lizzie came over this weekend, she had something planned for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. I joined her for the Friday night outing.

She had tickets for a poetry show at the Regent Theater in downtown Los Angeles. We drove to LA and found a parking place right across from the Theater. 

It was a very nice day and we decided to walk to The Last Bookstore http://lastbookstorela.com/

  


It's a very interesting place, we really enjoyed it!


The floor of the gift shop was made of real pennies

After that, we walked to a little cafe to have something to eat, As we were finishing eating, we noticed the looooong line at the Theater, so Lizzie got in line and I decided to stay sitting down and finish my fries. I hate standing on line!
After I finished I told Lizzie I was going for a walk to the entrance of the theater. When I got there, I told the guy at the door that my foot was really hurting and I couldn't stay in line so long, could they do something about it? He told me to wait and asked me if I was by myself, I said I was there with my daughter, he said to get her and I did. After a short while he told us to go on ahead we had 2 reserved chairs :D   No waiting in line YAY!

and the show started

There were 7 poets/writers'/artists and they each did a reading. I was most interested in seeing Amy Poehler (Mia you know of her, don't you? She's been in movies and TV and her brother is married to a Swedish woman and they had a TV show called Welcome to Sweden)
Amy Poehler


Amy Poehler in front next to Amber Tamblyn

And then, it was time to go back home

It was a fun day! :)


1 comment:

emtes said...

Yes I do know her both from the Swedish TV-show with her brother but also from the Emmy's (isn't it that show she has been hosting a couple of years together with Tina Fey?) She's funny.
It seems you had a really great day together you and Lizzie and what luck that you got reserved seats and didn't have to stand in line. I don't like lines either - remember Disneyland and the souring over California? That was great!

I have been so bad writing the blog but I don't seem to have, or rather take the time to write. When I have a few minutes free time I'm so tired I watch TV and fall asleep ;-)

Take care, love you <3 your sis Mia