Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21

Today is Marvin's 76th birthday.

He had dialysis today, so we went out yesterday. I asked him where he wanted to go and he chose Fuddruckers. He had an elk burger with fries and yummy onion rings. I had the same, only my burger was plain beef. We had a nice late lunch.

Today after he went to dialysis I drove to Long Beach and met Norbert for lunch. First we went to Ralph's to see if they had a better selection of the "Taste of Spain" There was indeed a larger selection than in my Ralph's in Whittier, but no ham and no chocolate.  However, everything was 50% off and some stuff was even less. For instance, the paella pan with the rice and seasonings included was $39.99 and it was on sale was $9.99 so of course I bought one.
I bought several other things, so I was happy!

After we drove around Long Beach looking for a place to have lunch, I didn't want to have Mexican food today so we settled on Mimi's. I like Mimi's and I got an offer on my mail of get one entree and get one free, Norbert had  beef bourguignon and I had a croissant sandwich with turkey green apples sliced thin and melted brie, it was very good. To drink I had a split of champagne over orange juice and mango juice, sort of like an elevated Mimosa. The best part, they didn't just give me a glass of it, but they left the split champagne bottle so I had basically 3 drinks.

Before driving back to pick up Marvin, we went to QVC and I got him a new lunch box, then Gelsons for a birthday cupcake.

For dinner we had chicken tenderloins and mashed potatoes and gravy.  He got a phone call from Lizzie, Sandy and Tristan, he was happy,. Later Bettie also called. All in all it was a nice day!

Lulu wished him Happy Birthday too.


1 comment:

Pappy1 said...

It was a nice day. Thank you Jo for the gift, and cooking dinner.