Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Back to the USA - Last days in Barcelona

Saturday, Sept. 26 – This was our last full day in Barcelona L
In the morning Sandy and Lizzie got online tickets to go to the Sagrada Familia. I stayed at the apartment and started packing and just taking it easy. I wanted to go out for a walk by myself but finally I didn’t, I took a selfie :)
then I just went to the balcony and thought about how much I had enjoyed these two weeks with my daughters in my hometown and in Platja.
view from our balcony

When they got back from the Sagrada Familia, I was ready to do something, so we decided to walk down Passeig de San Joan and go to Plaza Tetuan –where my mother and her family used to live,(x)



                                                 and from then on to the Arc de Triomf.


Monument to Lluis Companys, very revered in Catalunya

We kept on walking till we got to the Ciutadella Parc, I wanted to see the Cascade and after looking around, we found it. It’s pretty impressive! The Zoo is in the Parc as well, but we didn't go in.
  I also found the building where I took my examinations when I was in high school, ah the memories!

By that time we were getting hungry and we looked around for a place to eat, we ended up at El Born, but couldn’t find any empty chairs in the sidewalk cafes, so we went back walking up Passeig San Joan.
When we were but a couple of streets from our apartment, we stopped in an outdoor bar called 
Snack 55,
                                                      and had tapas and Cava Sangria.

We had a good time and then went back to the apartment to finish packing and to wait for Sonia and Eric . They would spend the night at the apartment and take us to the airport the next day.
They came around 10 and we decided to go out and get something to eat. We stopped at a place in Passeig San Joan  called Dalin i Lucia, 



My last meal in Barcelona 
we had tapas and drinks and talked and enjoyed ourselves. It started sprinkling a little, so we went back to the apartment and went to sleep....

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments: