Sunday, October 4, 2015

Back to the USA -continuation-

Thursday, Sept. 17 – Went to the pharmacy and then to Farga to get some breakfast. We had a lunch date with my cousin Ferran at 12:30PM. When it was time we took the metro to Catalunya.

We walked down the Ramblas to Carrer Quintana and arrived there on time, after waiting a few minutes I went inside to find out about the reservation. I was told the Restaurant didn’t open for lunch until 1:30 and that our reservation was for 2:30! I misheard dos for doce!!! So  we decided to go for a walk, get some churros and look around the Cathedral again. 
  As we still had about an hour left, we took a taxi to the church of Santa Maria del Mar in El Born. 
We took some pictures and then walked to Museo Picasso that was nearby. We spent some time in the gift shop and then we walked back to the Restaurant.
Can Culleretes is the oldest Restaurant in Barcelona est.1786. My cousin Ferran was waiting for us with a nice bouquet of flowers. It was nice to see him again.

We had a nice lunch, for me canalones, calamares a la romana and tarta al whisky.

After talking and remembering and enjoying the dinner, we went back to the apartment. I had a huge blister in my left foot and it was hurting.
We had a nice dinner at home of bocadillos de jamon y chorizo.


Friday, Sept. 18 – Girls went to Montserrat.

I stayed home to rest, my blister wad hurting. I was out of euros so I decided to go to La Caixa and change some dollars. Unfortunately they wouldn’t exchange unless I had an account. With only a few coins, I took the Metro to Catalunya and looked for a place to exchange my dollars. Because euros are the most common currency in Europe, there are not too many exchange places as there used to be, but I found one in the Ramblas.
  With money in my pocket I went to a Granja to have some horchata and a bikini of sobrasada and cheese. After that I went to El Corte Ingles and walked around Plaza Catalunya,
                                                                      and then I went home.
The girls had a nice time in Montserrat and enjoyed the trip. 
At night we went for a walk to a nice park -Jardins de la Tamarita- they had discovered in Avinguda Tibidabo 
We had a late dinner at Restaurant Molina, close to where we were staying.





Saturday, Sept. 19 – Eric’s daughter Melanie, is a guide in the Barcelona Touristic Bus and gave us 3 free tickets. So sweet.  It was another beautiful day.

We took the bus and did all the different routes…Red, Green, Red, Blue. That was a great way to see all of Barcelona from the open top double decker bus. At the Green bus we stopped for lunch at the Passeig Maritim. It was one of the best lunches I had, in a really nice Restaurant El Cangrejo Loco, located right by the sea.

I had  gazpacho, calamares, monkfish fisherman’s style and crema catalana.

After lunch we took the bus again (it was a hop – off style tour) and continued the trip.
When the buds left us at Avinguda Tibidabo, we took the blue tram and the funicular and went up  to Tibidabo.
Amazing views of Barcelona
, lots of people, churros, even a few weddings. And a beautiful sunset behind the mountains.


 A very busy but very beautiful day.
Tomorrow to Platja D’Aro.


                                                                  TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment:

RedRed said...

You are doing a great job of writing about the days. I'm very wordy.