Sunday, June 30, 2013

June recap

The end of June, time for a recap!

This month I went to the dentist twice and got 2 crowns.
I enjoyed Sandy's birthday surprise, good one Lizzie!
Got a (expensive) traffic ticket :(
Went to Jersey school for the last day of school and also last day for our principal and friend Monica who is going to a different school next year.
Had my hair cut, colored and styled. I'm somewhat blonder now.
Invited my friend Jennifer to stay with us for a few days and helped her get thru some bad times.
Was "entertained" by all the police activity in the neighborhood
Celebrated with Norbert his purchase of a new  home, a chalet in Mt Charleston, near Las Vegas.
My garden looks great, lots of tomatoes coming up too!
Enjoyed going with Marvin out to eat a couple of times. He's been feeling a lot better lately :)


I have seen a few movies that I liked:

Warm Bodies...a Zombie movie that I very much enjoyed
The English Teacher...an Indie movie with Julianne Moore
In Another Country...a Korean French movie with Isabelle Huppert
Love is All you Need...a Danish/Italian/English movie

And my book list for the month:


Kathleen McCleary - a simple thing

Carol Higgins Clark - Cursed

MaryKay Andrews - Ladies Night

maria murnane - honey on your mind

Susan Mallery - Three Sisters

Kathleen McCleary - House and Home
 
 
Was sad to hear about the passing of Mia's mother. May she rest in peace.

No comments: